There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Sacramento, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to consider annual furnace service as well, but probably not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, to include:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners solely associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees could help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your American HVAC Inc technician stops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few easy ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures dip in Sacramento. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the team at American HVAC Inc a call at 916-243-6714 to start saving a little more today.