Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Sacramento is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While American HVAC Inc constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another chance to cite the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter consistently! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. mow the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call American HVAC Inc in Sacramento at 916-243-6714 today.