Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Sacramento are not the best time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of the filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also impact the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from American HVAC Inc in Sacramento offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 916-243-6714 and keep cool this summer.