Having standard air conditioning service done at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Sacramento season, have the specialists at American HVAC Inc conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the air.
- Check for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We advise looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call American HVAC Inc today at 916-243-6714.