During the colder Sacramento months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to American HVAC Inc will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call American HVAC Inc ASAP if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from American HVAC Inc can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call American HVAC Inc at 916-243-6714 or schedule an appointment with us online.