In Sacramento you rely on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be looking at a furnace fix-up
visit any day. As a minimum, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can impede air flow and influence your furnace’s efficiency. It could even create issues with your furnace’s threshold switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may require a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some signs for you to scan for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in an expert, like American HVAC Inc, if you notice any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem tired? Signs related to your blower could suggest a minor problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating loudly or generating noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace at once and turn off its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a clogged condensation line. This could need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to fix.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a number of complications. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call American HVAC Inc at 916-243-6714 when you need to schedule repairs or annual maintenance.