As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature starts to fall, we’re faced with the approaching decision of when to flip on the heat. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold quickly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when the time comes to get a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a shout at 916-243-6714 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more intensive as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be in question, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t hesitate giving American HVAC Inc in Sacramento a call at 916-243-6714. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.