With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can trim a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically increase your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your American HVAC Inc expert complete air conditioning service
at least yearly is critical to keeping your system operating well for the long haul. He or she can ensure the unit is running as it should be and can identify potential problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them every month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when it comes to air filter replacement, depending on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at American HVAC Inc a call at 916-243-6714.