Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Sacramento during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at American HVAC Inc will always be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call American HVAC Inc at 916-243-6714 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.